Sunday, November 22, 2015

No Comment: "The November Man"

“It must be the same as deprogramming a Jesus freak: The intellectual argument never counted because there was no intelligence involved.”

—Bill Granger, The November Man (There are No Spies). Grand Central Publishing PB, 2014 (© 1986). Page 157. Lydia Neumann speaking to Margot Kieker.

[No Comment is a series of posts featuring passages that caught my attention. It may be the idea, the texture, or the presence that grabbed my eye. There is no analysis provided, and it invariably is out of context]

2 comments:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Ben, I liked Granger's PUBLIC MURDERS for sheer grittiness. It has one of the best police procedurals I have read. I have since been looking for THE NOVEMBER MAN. Never thought of looking in Amazon, really.

Ben Boulden said...

I need to find some more of Granger's work. I read this one about a year ago, and really enjoyed it. I'll keep my eyes open for PUBLIC MURDERS. Also, NOVEMBER MAN was originally published as THERE ARE NO SPIES.